Travelling beauty tips....


I love great posts, filled with tidbits of information. Vicki @ French Essence has one after another.  We think alike and her recent post on 'tips and tricks of the make-up kind'....started me thinking about a few of my favourites travel companions and the ones I can not leave home without.

If you are looking for a few travel tips, of the beauty kind, you might find them here and over at Vicki's....

Fresh Fragrance.....
I am very fickle about fragrance on airplane flights. Rule number one is that it should be light. There is nothing worse than sitting next to someone who has just fully immersed themself in a heavy perfume, especially if you have 16 hours to go and are prone to motion sickness. :(

The Jo Malone Fragrance Combining Set... is perfect. The small spray bottles offer the best of both worlds. I like to use the Orange Blossom and or Grapefruit fragrances on a flight. They are a light and lovely pick me up. By day....I just love Blue Agava and Cacao. It is my signature scent.  Vicki's tip.. "spray a mist ahead and walk through...it is the French girl's secret." Absolutely!




Hydrate, hydrate hydrate.....

Rule #1 on a flight is to drink plenty of water... then I reach for one of these....

Aesop... I love Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm. It is a combination of mandarin rind, rosemary leaf and cedar atlas and works a treat on dry hands and cuticles. It is also nice to pull out when you are in a tight squeeze and the travel aromas around you are less than desirable. I dab it on my hands, my neck and then a quick tap under my nose. Orange heaven.




I am with Vicki on this one, Lucas Papaw Ointment..... I discovered this ointment in Australia when it was suggested by a doctor for my son's dry skin. It quickly became an all time family favourite and and has managed to be a staple in my daughters Christmas Stockings ever since. Travel tip: Buy the small tube size for your carry on and use it where needed.


Skinceuticals...  I am a devotee of this brand, in particular, the Hydrating B5 Masque. It is clear, rich and can be worn overnight. Travel tip: make the most of your travel time and masque away!


Airplane Hair...

Dry shampoo.... People have mixed views on this one but some days it is a little life saver for me. I like Batiste Fresh Scent. A little goes a long way and it has a great scent. :) It comes in a non-aerosol version as well (NUDE).  Travel tip: Use it before your flight....this product lasts a long time!




Hair conditioning... If you hair has a tendency to run on the dry side, I recommend Kerastase Elixr Ultime... it is heaven in a bottle. Travel tip: Squirt a few drops into a small ziploc bag and tuck into your carry on. It's all you need and you will be so much happier when you see the results.


It's all in the brush....I find this little compact brush and mirror by Sephora works a treat.  Perfect for
little evening bags too. :)




Last minute beauty fix.....
For me, the last step before the seat belt sign goes on, is a quick flick to the eyes, lips and cheeks.

Lips and cheeks... Life does not get any easier than this all in one Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks by Bobbi Brown. Very natural...you will have a healthy glow in no time. My choice: Blushed Rose






Bit of lip gloss... Dry parched lips are a drag on a long flight.  I love Laura Mercier Lip Glace. It feel rich, emollient, lasts a long time and it comes in great shades of colours. My choice: Baby Doll



Eyebrows... I have been using Bobbie Brown Natural Brow Shaper for years. It comes in a cream-gel formula and is easy to use. My choice: Clear...it does not get any easier than that.




Mascara...I like Vicki's tip for applying mascara and her suggestion to try Shu Uemera
"When applying mascara...coat the top of the lashes first....then use the eyelash curler before applying the next coat from the underneath and upwards...(Shu Uemera's is best)...For really thick batting babies dust a little light powder over lashes between coats.."




There you have it...a few thoughts on travelling beauty...at least my version of it. There are many more wonderful suggestions back at Vicki's here...be sure to check out SHOP FRENCH ESSENCE when you get there. Lots of great ideas!

Best wishes to one and all for a lovely weekend!
Jeanne xx




Comments

  1. There are so many great ideas here, I am with you about the perfume, the hydrating, and the dry hands and lips. All of these are a must.

    I love all of your new buttons! I must get some information from you on how to make them.

    Have a fabulous weekend.

    P.s. I have something for you on my blog, a little award. On Thursday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeanne, I love you both for sharing these fabulous secrets - thankyou, my friend! J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd adore owning the Jo Malone fragrance set.
    I really need to but some of her scents even if it is candle form.

    Great tips, thank you and I read Vicki's too.

    Take care,

    XO
    Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspiring Jeanne! I love great beauty tips and these all sound wonderful. I'm going to get some of that Kerastase for sure...my hair is so dry at the moment. Grr. I'll definitely need some of the lip/rouge also...how wonderful!

    Hope you are well. I meant to congratulate you also on your son's acceptance into the academy. You must be proud as punch. He'll look so handsome in a uniform won't he? Big hugs, Meredy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Jeanne....and thank you.....Great travel tips...je suis d'accord with all of them....xv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post Jeanne...so informative.
    I do have to say though, on something as wee and crammed as planes these days, I really appreciate it when people refrain from using anything too highly scented. After spending a mere minute in an elevator in Montreal with a couple of men who must have bathed in their colognes I realized just how nauseating too much of a good thing can be (didn't know if I was going to pass out or throw up!)
    I'm definitely going to try the mascara-thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci beaucoup!!! Lots of great products here...to survive the otherwise unpleasant experiences in flying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh.... LOVE this! I'm off to find some Paw Paw ointment for my poor gardening hands.

    My trick for airplanes.... Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream! For years now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucas pawpaw ointment. We Aussies love it Jeanne. Always have a tube in my bag.
    Great post.
    Cheers
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeanne, love, love all these great tips. I am bookmarking this post for my next trip. I really never think of any of these things. Great list!
    Have a lovely weekend. Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips. I have a 10 hour flight coming up and need all the help I can get!!! I want some of that Pawpa Ointment - sounds fab. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful ideas! Good beauty tips as well as travel tips. I want to try the blush. Is it cream rather than powder?
    Thank you, Jeanne, for the comments on my mother-in-laws passing...I appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am reading Vicki's beauty tips too, they're really helpful.

    Love your tips too,
    especially about applying the mascara. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds lovely! Have a wonderful week ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Jeanne

    Another Aussie, totally agree about the Pawpaw ointment, it's tried and true. And also love Aesop products, the wonderful hand cream can also be used as body cream. I always put a large tube in my checked bags as I find my skin dries out so badly on the long haul flights from Australia and this is a wonderful balm to use after your shower/bath once you've arrived. (Their makeup remover cream is heaven too.) As for perfumes, just for the plane on long haul I find I need two kinds, one that's light, soft and relaxing to aid sleep and another that's light and refreshing for when I wake up nearer the destination. I generally take a couple of the tiny complimentary sample bottles that I already know I love and that will be suitable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts